It seems that for the past few years dark chocolate has been the queen of healthy junk good. Well, if we take into consideration its potassium, manganese, copper, phosphorus, zinc, selenium, iron, and magnesium content, this makes sense. People turn dark chocolate is numerous situations and in case of different health issues: Let`s take a glimpse at some of them:
- Suffering from obesity, diabetes and cravings? CHOCOLATE!
- Stressed out at work, home, or on the road? CHOCOLATE!
- PMS pains got you grumpy and frustrated? CHOCOLATE!
- Feigning for something sweet, but you’re on a diet? CHOCOLATE!
- Have a heart condition, high cholesterol or high blood pressure? CHOCOLATE!
Still, there is one condition when instead of improving your condition, chocolate makes you even more sick. We are talking about acid reflux, a condition which causes a burning sensation to the stomach, throat, and the mouth as well as sore throat and chest pain.
Contrary to popular belief, acid reflux is not always a cause of too much stomach acid. In certain instances, it may be caused by too little stomach acid, weak lower esophageal sphincter ( LES), or obstruction of the upper bowels.