Did you know that our body has an amazing mechanism that is able to “tell” us when something is wrong with it? This “mechanism” shows us the symptoms that are bad for us and it also reveals when we are suffering from vitamin deficiency. This means that you have to be very careful and don’t ignore these symptoms.
The following are the most common symptoms when we suffer from a vitamin deficiency:
1.Cracks in the corners of the mouth
The most common causes:
- Lowered bite or missing of the back teeth
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Stomach disorders, related to hyper secretion of gastric acid which damages the mucous membranes of the lips
- Anemia, usually caused by iron deficiency
- Improper oral hygiene or poor sanitary conditions
- Infection caused by bacteria staphylococcus and streptococcus, fungi (mostly candida)
- Weakened immune system
- Often occurs in people who talk because moisturize their lips with their tongue while talking
Also, you should know that these symptoms are a sign of vitamin B (B3, B2 and B12) and zinc deficiency.
Natural solution –consume more quinoa, lean cheese, tofu, spinach, peanuts, chard, dried apricots, asparagus and all types of legumes and seeds. In addition, you should include kale and broccoli in your diet so as to improve the iron absorption. Also, you should know that another cause of cracked lips are certain allergies, caused by some specific ingredients found in the cosmetic products.