Blueberries are awesome! I love blueberries and I eat them every day! How about you? Share your thoughts in the comment section below. Blueberries are loaded with healthy nutrients and antioxidants.
They contain high amounts of many beneficial compounds for helping to fight against cancer. And, some experts think that the most important thing is that they contain anthocyanin antioxidants – which help to give foods blue, purple and red colors. The many anthocyanin compounds in blueberries include: malvidins, delphinidins, pelargonidins, cyanidins, and peonidins. If you want to get the most nutrients out of blueberries, you should always go organic. Some foods show small differences in nutritional profiles when comparing organic vs. non-organic items. But, this is not the case with blueberries.
This is why you should always go with organic berries. Besides the anthocyanin antioxidants, blueberries also contain: caffeic acids, ferulic acids, coumaric acids, hydroxybenzoic acids, gallic acids, procatchuic acids, kaempferol, quercetin, myricetin and other phytonutrients.
Blueberries can provide the following health benefits:
- Blueberries are loaded with healthy nutrients, but low in calories;
- Contain extremely powerful antioxidant properties;
- Blueberries can protect you from DNA damage, slow down the aging process and protect you from cancer;
- Protect cholesterol from being damaged;
- Blueberries will also help you regulate your high blood pressure;
- Protect from cardiovascular diseases;
- Boost your brain function and memory;
- Blueberries can lower the risk of diabetes;
- Treat urinary tract infections
- Relieve muscle damage caused by arduous