Eating garlic on an empty stomach can help you strengthen and heal yourself. Garlic is packed with nutrients like fiber, Vitamins C and B6, potassium, and calcium.
The National Cancer Institute has recognized garlic as potentially having anti-cancer properties. Garlic is rich in antioxidant properties and helps in the removal of free radicals.
Here are some of the many health benefits of garlic:
- Relieves oxidative stress
- Protects against free radicals
- Reduces blood pressure
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Prevents atherosclerosis
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Improves impotence
- Prevents yeast infections
- Helps our bodies absorb minerals
- Cleans and reduces fatty build up in the liver
- Protects against osteoarthritis
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps the nerves
- Reduces cold and flu symptoms
These are some of the benefits which garlic provides for your health, body and mind. Consuming raw garlic on an empty stomach is important because that’s the period when the bacteria are overexposed and not able to defend themselves.
However, eating raw garlic is considered to be a hard task for many people. Therefore, here’s a recipe for oven roasted garlic.
OVEN ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then, remove the outer skin of a bulb of garlic.
- Cut off the top of the bulb.
- Take a piece of tin foil and lay it flat, place an equal sized piece of parchment paper directly on top of the foil, and finally place the garlic on the parchment paper.
- Put some olive oil over the garlic bulbs and wrap them up neatly and tightly in the foil.
- Put the bulbs on a pan in the oven and roast for 1 hour. Then, remove and unwrap the garlic.
- Let it cool and gently squeeze the garlic bulbs to remove the cloves.
- You should use them immediately or store them in a container for a few days in the refrigerator.
Besides the specific smell, garlic is a great vegetable for the many health benefits. However, as an alternative, you can take garlic supplements.