It is the most common fruit used in various recipes in almost all the parts of the world. Starting with Africa, it is where the tamarind originated, but now it can be found in many parts of the world, mostly in Asia. The highest consumption being in India in many recipes of the daily food. It is also a taste to eat with salt and pepper. It gives an awesome taste where you will start licking your finger tips. I remember of my school days, where the tamarind was my most favorite fruit. In the break time, me with my friends used to collect money and buy tamarinds, or sometimes used to throw stones on trees for tamarind. It was a great fun but even the taste of the tamarind was too good and was affordable to do such a mischievous thing.
It has also many health benefits included in it
1. Treating in the inflammation of joints
Aged people often suffer with this problem and are controlled by the help of tamarind. You may find for some extreme good medicines, but there is no better medicine as tamarind due to its properties of anti-inflammatory properties. The interleukin chemical which is responsible for arthritis can be controlled by tamarind by giving a protection shield to the bones and joints.
- Immune system developer
- Rich In vitamin C
- Antioxidant property – keeps the infections away
- Controls the free radicals responsible for development of cancer cells
- Is known as the immune system booster
Contains another property called anti-microbial. The mixture of anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory is of great influence in ailments and infections.
The virus entering the body due to weather changes can be prevented by consuming tamarinds regularly.
- This makes the immune system to build stronger and healthier
- Kidney purifier
- It is the best detoxifying agent
- It is rich in potassium and contains cleansing properties
- These properties help to flush the toxic substance away present in the kidney.
- Hence it keeps the kidneys safe by its special properties.
2. Eyesight is improved
Tamarind consumption on regular basis is good for your eye health and makes your vision better.
- Tamarind is rich in vitamin A
- Beat-carotene required for better eyesight is found in tamarind.
- It helps In reducing the risk of macular degeneration
- Tamarind is helpful in curing dry eyes.