Our kidneys are amongst the most important organs of our body. They eliminate the damaging contaminants that our body doesn’t require. When something hurts them or a health problem takes place, they can affect the quality of people’s life seriously.
Usually, we consume various medications: for the influenza, for the stomach, for the head, for the bones or simply, to relieve basic problems and discomforts. Unfortunately, all them produce negative effects on our health, specifically our kidneys. Consuming them excessively can damage our health rather of improve it.
Here, we’re going to present you 10 of the most damaging medicines for your kidneys. You must be very careful when you take in these medications and take them under a strict medical guidance!
- Lithium, used to deal with bipolar affective disorder.
- Anticonvulsants, including phenytoin (brand name Dilantin) and trimethadione (brand name Tridione), used to treat seizures and other conditions.
- Chemotherapy drugs, including interferons, pamidronate, cisplatin, carboplatin, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, quinine, mitomycin C, bevacizumab; and anti-thyroid drugs, consisting of propylthiouracil, utilized to deal with overactive thyroid.
- Heartburn drugs of the proton pump inhibitor class, consisting of omeprazole (brand Prilosec), lansoprazole (brand name Prevacid), pantoprazole (brand name Protonix), rabeprazol (brand name names Rabecid, Aciphex), esomeprazole (brand name names Nexium, Esotrex).
- Antiviral drugs, including acyclovir (brand Zovirax) utilized to deal with herpes infection, and indinavir and tenofovir, both used to deal with HIV.
- High blood pressure drugs, including captopril (brand Capoten).
- Rheumatoid arthritis drugs, including infliximab (brand name Remicade); chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, which are utilized to deal with malaria and systemic lupus erythematosus as well as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Prescription antibiotics, including ciprofloxacin, methicillin, vancomycin, sulfonamides.
- Analgesics, consisting of acetominophen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID): aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and others offered just by prescription.
- COX-2 inhibitors, including celecoxib (brand Celebrex). Two drugs in this class have been withdrawn from the market because of cardiovascular toxicity: rofecoxib (brand name Vioxx), and valdecoxib (trademark name Bextra).These drugs are an unique class of NSAID that were developed to be much safer for the stomach, however have the exact same threat as other NSAIDs for kidney damage.